West Sussex Safeguarding Adults Board (WSSAB) is made up of professionals from the local authority, the police, health services and other local organisations, who work together to prevent abuse and neglect and safeguard vulnerable adults across our county.
Safeguarding applies when an adult:
- has needs for care and support
- is experiencing, or is at risk of, abuse or neglect, and
- as a result of those needs is unable to protect himself or herself against the abuse or neglect or the risk of it.
The WSSAB Website provides information about how to stay safe and well and how to protect people with care and support needs from abuse and neglect. It offers:
• Information and advice for people with care and support needs on how to report a concern.
• Advice for relatives, friends and those who care for people who are vulnerable.
• Information for professionals working in social care, health, the police and other agencies to help you safeguard adults at risk.
If you are looking for information about safeguarding children, please visit this webpage.