At a glance
- Created dedicated Coronavirus information and advice on our website and produced an FAQ that is being regularly updated (latest published on 29 April)
- Asked local voluntary and community groups, including local COVID 19 response groups, to help be our eyes and ears to hear peoples’ experiences of health and care service at this time. We’ve also taken part in virtual group meetings to hear peoples’ personal accounts
- Received comments and stories about pharmacies, dentists, maternity services and from cancer patients.
- Shared and raised issues specifically around:
- Continued confusion over shielding and social isolation, as well as concerns around Do Not Resuscitate conversations
- Understanding the changes in maternity support
- Access to emergency dentists
- Supply of blister packs and branded medication
- Learning for post-pandemic working with young people
- This report is being shared widely and with local NHS, Local Government and Community and Voluntary services, so they can hear where things are working well and help them identify any gaps.