Self Help Guide: We can help you with making your health complaint

If you have been treated poorly by health services, then you have a right to make a complaint. We have created this guide to help you and other people in making a health service complaint.
Elderly person sitting on a bench with a friend.

If you feel you need practical support and assistance in making a complaint, then you are entitled to an advocate to help you. This service is free and independent of the NHS.

For residents of West Sussex, the advocacy service is delivered by Healthwatch West Sussex and is known as the Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service (IHCAS).

Contact us if you would like to make a complaint

0300 012 0122

Thinking about making a complaint?

Find out more about what's involved in making a complaint about NHS or adult social care services and what your next steps might be.

More about West Sussex Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service