Our Annual Report: Guided by You, highlights our work, what we've achieved and our plans for next year
Health and care that works for you
- 60+ volunteers helping to carry out our work. In total, they gave up 2,833 hours of support.
- We employed 10 staff. The majority of our staff team are part time. We invested an additional 22% on top of the core into community partnerships.
- We recieved £342,600 in funding from our local authority in 2019-20, no change since the 40% reduction in 2016.
- 4,300+ people shared their health and social care story with us, 44% more than last year.
- 2,000+ people accessed Healthwatch West Sussex advice and information online or contacted us with questions about local support. We also supported others by providing face-to-face information and advice.
- 128,000 people engaged with us through our website, social media, and face-to-face at community events.
Making a difference to care
- We published 24 reports about the improvements people would like to see with their health and social care, and from this, we made 73 recommendations for improvement.