Who has written these guides?
These guides have been produced by local Healthwatch teams from Brighton and Hove, East Sussex and West Sussex based on dental issues affecting Sussex residents. Healthwatch worked with local dentists to write this guide.
The 'What you need to know' guide provides you with the key information about seeing a dentist through the NHS. For a more detailed guide, please see 'A guide to your rights and accessing the treatment you need'. Both can be downloaded below.
These guides include information on:
- COVID-19 and the impacts on dental services and NHS appointments
- The difference between NHS and private dental care
- Registering with a dentist
- Routine check-ups
- How to explain your dental need
- NHS dental charges, what you might be asked to pay, and exemptions
- How to make a complaint
- Other useful links and emergency dentist contact details
- How to contact your local Healthwatch